Thursday, October 4, 2007

Essay

so for my english class, i had to write an essay on why i am an american patrtiot. i just thought it was kinda interesting so i wanted to post it. (btw its going to be entered in some national contest so we will see how i do!)

Why I Am an American Patriot
by Chase Parker

Ask yourself, are you an American patriot? Do you love your country? Do you say the Pledge of Allegiance every day? Do you have respect for the Armed Forces? If you answered yes to all of these questions, you are one step closer to being an American patriot. As people grow up, they gain a better understanding of what the United States of America is all about. As I grow older, I become increasingly interested in patriotism through an interest in politics and the events surrounding 9/11.

Politics is very important in our country for many reasons. When President George W. Bush was elected into the White House in 2001, I really started to get interested in him and other politics. At that point, I was a very dedicated Republican just like my parents and did many school reports on Bush, Reagan, and Schwarzenegger. In the 4th grade, we went on a field trip to the state capital and I thought it was amazing. I especially loved going into Arnold Schwarzenegger’s office. Currently, the 2008 Presidential Election is covered constantly on all of the television programs, and I am very caught up in what is happening.

Having an interest in politics is not the only way to show patriotism. Understanding and respecting our country’s loses are other forms of patriotism. On September 11, 2001, our country was attacked by terrorists. I was eight years old at the time. I saw what happened to the twin towers and I was in shock. The rest of that day, I prayed for those poor people and remained very concerned for them. At school, we have sent letters and pictures to the unfortunate families to let them know that we love them and support them very much. Until this day, I feel that as a country we have stayed very strong, and have continued to pray for all of the people who have lost someone in the terrible attack.

Showing in interest in politics and the events of 9/11 are two great ways of showing why I am a patriot. So I ask you again, are you an American patriot? I agree with Adlai Stevenson when he said, “Patriotism is not frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” This is how I live my life, and this is how I show I am an American patriot.

12 comments:

Zach Zeiger said...

awesome. I am a partiot also. Im joining the United State Marine Corps when i turn 18.

Jaclyn Parker said...

wow! dude that is awesome!

Zach Zeiger said...

ya, im still praying about it...but it is one thing that i feel so strongly about.

Jaclyn Parker said...

well, i will so pray for you! thats really cool!

Zach Zeiger said...

why thank you my friend.

Jaclyn Parker said...

you are so welcome my friend

jennifer said...

i like your new backround!

Jaclyn Parker said...

aw thank you!

jennifer said...

your welcome!:)

Christine.Marie said...

Hahah.
So how was the table tonight guys?

Zach Zeiger said...

i didnt go. no one to go with.

Christine.Marie said...

]]: